I don't have the world's largest stash to work with, so I started by pinning little scraps up in places where I thought they might go.
|Swatches pinned up to develop the shading.|
I also realized that some of the pieces in my original drawing needed to be subdivided. In some cases, I've done that somewhat improvisationally by just folding the template back and sewing on another piece.
|Background units made, but not fully assembled|
Almost every piece has been 'fussy cut' to try to put light next to light and dark next to dark in order to reduce the appearance of the seams. I've made most of the units, but I haven't sewn them together. I'm still cogitating on some of the choices and can still make some changes pretty easily.
Now that I'm getting close to finishing I'm anxious to see how it comes out and to quilt it.
All the Best,